Sunday, July 21, 2013

Fr. Raymond Browne ordained as Bishop of Kerry

Fr. Raymond Browne being ordained as Bishop of Kerry

Address of Bishop Ray Browne at his Episcopal Ordination

For the past two hours all twelve hundred of us have been like Martha’s sister Mary in the gospel gathered at the Lord’s feet, attentive to his presence, listening to him speak. The occasion has been my Ordination as Bishop of Kerry.

Thank you to everyone for this afternoon. Thank you to so many people who have worked so hard since early May to prepare this afternoon’s Ordination ceremony. So many people were involved with preparations concerning both inside and outside the cathedral: liturgy, printing, choir, invitations, stewarding, car parking, catering.

I thank especially Cardinal Brady, and Archbishop Brown the Papal Nuncio for being with us. I thank Bishop Murphy for his assistance, advice and support to me since our first contact in late April. I thank my family and Bishop Christy and the whole family of Elphin diocese. Especially I thank the people of the diocese of Kerry who have been so kind, welcoming and encouraging over the past months.  Without naming anyone, from the bottom of my heart I thank all who have made today possible.

For the full text of his address go to:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful in your comments. Thank you.