Saturday, September 28, 2013

Advice for Priests from Sr. Briege McKenna

Q What is your message for priests 

Sr. Briege McKenna:   I talk about personal holiness. The crisis in the priesthood is not celibacy; it is faith in Jesus Christ. People who have a relationship with Jesus Christ can't live with sin in their lives. So I pray that they have a living faith in Jesus Christ with the Eucharist in the centre of their lives. The tragedy in Ireland is that there is so much negativity and they get so discouraged.

The greatest need is to be a personal witness to Jesus Christ. If their message is the Gospel of Jesus Christ, it will bear fruit. The people are hungry. If you look at any list of retreats, sometimes the person of Jesus isn't even mentioned, but there is nothing like spending time with the Eucharist. It is so easy to be attracted by good things, but leave out the most important thing, which is our prayer life.



Jesus said in John 15:5; "I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing".  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful in your comments. Thank you.