Tuesday, September 9, 2014

From St. Thomas Beckett

Quotes from St. Thomas Beckett, Patron of Clergy

"Many are needed to plant and water what has been planted now that the faith has spread so far and there are so many people...No matter who plants or waters, God gives no harvest unless what is planted is the faith of Peter and unless he agrees to his teachings." 

"Remember the sufferings of Christ, the storms that were weathered...the crown that came from those sufferings which gave new radiance to the faith...All saints give testimony to the truth that without real effort, no one ever wins the crown." 


Thomas said this to a friend on his way to ordination: "Hereafter, I want you to tell me, candidly and in secret, what people are saying about me. And if you see anything in me that you regard as a fault, feel free to tell me in private. For from now on, people will talk about me, but not to me. It is dangerous for men in power if no one dares to tell them when they go wrong." 

Let us pray for all our Cardinals, Bishops and Priests.

St. Thomas Beckett and all the Cardinals, Bishops and Priests Saints and Martyrs intercede for all our Clergy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful in your comments. Thank you.